The united voices of American inventors are being heard! US Inventors has been relentlessly walking Capitol Hill for several years, talking to Congress about these concerns. They have asked for help from inventors across the country to help strengthen a collective voice. The new Director of the USPTO understands the concerns and with the strength of the voice from inventors, he has been able to make move the needle in our direction!
Here’s an update from Josh Malone, the inventor of Bunch O’ Balloons and US Inventors Board Member:
In less than 6 months, Director Iancu has implemented most of our 12 requested PTAB reforms!
- eliminated BRI through rulemaking
- adopted district court claim construction through rulemaking
- updated the Trial Practice Guide to reduce institution rates
- updated the Trial Practice Guide to elevate deference to prior proceedings
- updated the SOP’s to increase transparency and require consistentcy
- re-assigned the anti-patent Chief Administrative Patent Judge
- re-assigned the anti-patent Solicitor
Your comments on the rule changes were posted HERE. It is beautiful – over 300 comments. It worked! For those of you who responded to Josh’s request a few months ago, scroll through the link and find your name among other action-oriented inventors! THANK YOU!