The IGA Resource page is free and full of information about the process of bringing a product to market for inventors and entrepreneurs.
This information is provided as a courtesy and does not imply endorsement, recommendation and or approval of any company or organization. Please note we are not patent attorneys and we are not giving legal advice.
We will try to keep this information as current as possible. If you have any suggestions, find a bad/outdated/incorrect link or need help you can send us an email email@example.com
Patent It Yourself: Your Step-by-Step Guide to Filing at the U.S. Patent OfficePatent It Yourself: Your Step-by-Step Guide to Filing at the U.S. Patent Office
For 30 years, Patent It Yourself has guided hundreds of thousands of inventors through the process of getting a patent, from start to finish. Patent attorneys David Pressman and Thomas J. Tuytschaevers provide the latest information, forms, and clear instructions to help you:
- conduct a patent search the right way
- evaluate your idea’s commercial potential
- file a provisional patent application to get “patent pending” status
- prepare a patent application
- focus on your patent application’s claims
- respond to patent examiners
- get your drawings done right
- protect your rights in foreign countries
- deal with infringers, and
- market and license your invention.
Thoroughly updated to reflect the latest changes in intellectual property law, this edition provides the latest U.S. Patent and Trademark Office rules and forms. The 18th edition covers the latest implications of the first-to-file rules created by the America Invents Act.
Inventors Groups of America does not endorse or approve any company or service provider in this database. These companies/service providers are supplied to help you further your invention in the marketplace. Please check out any company thoroughly before working or engaging with them.